We are a niche firm of Solicitors in Belfast, Northern Ireland, with an emphasis on business law, although we also provide legal services for select private clients. We have earned a reputation for providing practical legal advice while also operating at the highest levels of integrity.
Our office is located close to the City Centre and has onsite parking for clients.
Areas of Practice
We act for a number of companies, partnerships and traders in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Great Britain, Europe and beyond.
- Agency and Distributorship Agreements
- Sale and purchase of private companies and businesses
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder Agreements
We act in;
- Sale and purchase of commercial property including shopping centres, offices and warehouses.
- Leases of Shop Units, offices
- Advice on Management of industrial estates and shopping centres
- Commercial Property development including new housing developments
Shipping and Transport
Our principal Solicitor, Nigel Hamilton, qualified and practised in the City of London for several years. We regularly advise shippers, carriers, cargo owners, ship-owners and their insurers, brokers and agents in this specialist area including:
- Damage to cargo
- Arrest of ships and release from arrest
- Interpretation of charter parties
- Delays in loading and discharging vessels
- Road Haulage
We represent clients in the High Court, Commercial Court, Chancery Court, County Court and Small Claims.
Nigel Hamilton is an accredited member of the NI Law Society Dispute Resolution Service
Whether through formal mediation or as part of the litigation process, we will always explore and seek to negotiate the best possible solution for our clients.
Sheelagh Duncan manages our debt collection service. She is renowned for her practical, no-nonsense, cost effective approach to recovering debts owed to our clients whether through ---- or by court process.
We act for both employers and employees in the Employment Tribunal of Northern Ireland. We draft Employment Contracts and advise on termination settlements and the various issues which arise during the course of employment.
- Sale and purchase of houses
- Powers of Attorney
- Administration of Estate
Apart from exceptional cases, we do not take on Legal Aid work